Executive Leadership Academy Application
Application Process and Criteria
The Executive Leadership Academy for Women (ELAW) is designed to provide professional development for Georgia State University’s junior and senior leaders. The goal of this program is:
- To provide the skills necessary to help advance female staff into senior leadership positions.
Qualified applicants will meet the following:
- Hold the position of Assistant Director (or equivalent) or higher
- Have at least one year of full-time service with Georgia State University
- Demonstrate high performance in professional experience
- Considered a “high potential” applicant for future advancement
Each applicant must have an official Georgia State sponsor who signs the participant’s application and submits a letter of recommendation. The sponsor must be an Assistant Dean, Assistant Vice President or higher held position. An additional letter of recommendation is required from an immediate supervisor if not an Assistant Dean, Assistant Vice President or higher held position.
A selection committee reviews application materials and selects applicants for in-person interviews. The interviews are based upon the overall strength of the applicant, and looks specifically to the leadership characteristics, skills presented, diversity, educational and experiential backgrounds.
Attendance is mandatory for program events, including the orientation kickoff, workshops, and graduation. Prior to submitting an application, applicants are encouraged to review the Program Summary.